Owning, operating, and managing a business is more than a full-time job. It’s likely your passion and what drives you to keep pushing for excellence day in and day out. Whether your business is small or large, it’s no secret that you must be technologically present to succeed in today’s Digital Age.
Being tech-friendly today means more than working on computers and being savvy with email. It means syncing communications and file sharing throughout the company, staying updated with secure software, and it means having an IT helpdesk available 24/7 for employees who need assistance.
Whether you’ve tried to build your own IT department or to contract a third-party team in house to no avail, the reality is your business needs IT.
Both small and large businesses can benefit from managed IT services. Can you?
- 24/7 Helpdesk: The IT helpdesk has been the bread and butter of technology success in a business of any size. An efficient helpdesk mitigates tech problems as quickly as possible so employees spend little time unable to work. A good helpdesk includes a team available 24/7, ticket tracking and reporting, vendor management, remote IT support, onsite IT support, ongoing IT education, and more.
- Cyber Security: It’s important to protect your data and the data of your clients. Whether it is a secure website for transactions, an email server that is protected, or an encrypted data system, top-line cyber security can mean the difference between a flawless day at work and a day that extends into the night as you try to recover after a vicious hack.
- Backups: Data is king in the digital world, and when you have employees who are constantly working online or on a computer, regular backups are necessary. There’s not much worse than working for months on a project that isn’t saved on your computer one morning when you return to work. Safe and secure backups to a third-party destination protect your files, contacts, and work.
- IT Strategy: IT is always changing to keep up with the forward-moving technology. The world has seen exponential growth with technology over the past few decades. A strong IT strategy keeps up with the latest technology and provides a dedicated CIO, annual IT health assessment, planning, budgeting, life cycle model creation, reporting, service review meetings, board advisory services, and more.
- Turnkey Support: Depending on your needs as a business, you may benefit from a managed IT service that will operate every aspect of IT for you. Typical turnkey services include administration, IT standardization, best practice implementation, technology lifecycle management, network management, data management, server management, mobile device management, and more.
- Infrastructure: The way your company is connected to the tech world is via IT infrastructure. Like our roads are designed to keep us safe as we move from one place to the next, IT infrastructure provides the same security as we traverse the Web. Infrastructure typically includes patch management, anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spam, automated maintenance, monitoring configuration, backup and disaster recovery testing, cloud management, server support, and more.
- Freedom: Could you benefit from the freedom you experience when the weight of IT is lifted off your shoulders? Working with a managed IT service means you free up your time to focus your efforts on what you do best: run your business.
Technagy Offers Managed IT Services In Dallas
Serving the greater DFW area, Technagy is a local company who strives to help businesses regain their freedom without sacrificing IT. If you can benefit from any of the aforementioned services, Technagy can be your partner in the digital world. We are a Top Rated National® IT Company.